Statement and Purpose
Civil Space (the “Company”) respects your right to privacy and to the protection of your personal information you provide to us in your use of our constituent engagement cloud-hosted software (the “Engagement Tool”), which we have created to connect you with the governing body that has engaged our services and directed you to the Engagement Tool (our “Client”).
Any organization that collects, uses or discloses “personal information” and/or “personal data” is required to implement policies and practices to ensure compliance with the requirements of applicable privacy legislation. Personal information and personal data means any information related to an identified or identifiable individual. We are committed to meeting the privacy standards established under applicable legislation in your jurisdiction.
- The Company will only collect, process, and disclose personal information from you, the user, that is necessary to fulfill the following purposes:
- To verify your identity and identify your preferences;
- To open and manage an account;
- To authenticate your account and keep it secure, and to help prevent spam, fraud, and abuse;
- For you to use the Engagement Tool to engage with our Client in different ways, including, but not limited to:
- To allow our Client to provide you with relevant information in a timely manner;
- To allow our Client to obtain feedback from you on analysis, issues, alternatives and decisions being made by our Client;
- To allow you to work with our Client to make sure your concerns and aspirations are considered and understood;
- To allow you to partner with our Client in decision-making processes, as permitted by our Client;
- To allow you to engage with other constituents on matters related to our Client and our Client’s governance;
- To allow for the collection, processing, and dissemination of aggregate statistical data or otherwise anonymized or pseudonymized data; and
- To allow our Client to inform you of engagement opportunities, reply to your requests, comments, ideas and feedback you have provided;
- To comply with a law, regulation, or legal process, and to protect the safety of any person and protect the integrity of the Engagement Tool; and
- Such other purposes that are incidental and ancillary to the foregoing.
- The Company will not use or disclose your personal information for any purpose other than the purposes for which it was collected or for a purpose reasonably related to those purposes, unless you provide us with consent to do otherwise or when it is required or permitted by law. We will retain your personal information for at least one year, but we will not retain your personal information any longer than required to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected or as may be required by law.
- The Company will make reasonable efforts to maintain your personal information as accurate, complete and current as is necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected. If you are unable to correct your personal information through the Engagement Tool, you may request the correction be made by the Company by contacting the primary contact identified in section 10.
- The Company will protect your personal information with safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of that information. The Company will use appropriate security measures when destroying personal information, as required. In the case of a personal information breach that may pose a risk to your rights and freedoms, the Company will, within 72 hours after having become aware of such a breach, notify the appropriate supervisory authority(ies), and where such a breach is likely to result in a high risk to your rights and freedoms, the Company will communicate that breach to you without undue delay.
- You have the right to withdraw your consent to the above collection, use and disclosure of your personal information at any time. In addition, you can request that your personal information be erased at any time. If you are unable to withdraw your consent or erase your personal information on the Engagement Tool, please contact the primary contact identified in section 10 to make such arrangements.
- The Company will answer questions you may have regarding our privacy policies and procedures and our management of your personal information. Please contact the primary contact identified in section 10 below.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint regarding the Company’s collection, use, and disclosure of your personal information to the applicable supervisory authority in your jurisdiction. If you wish to proceed in this regard and are unaware of how to contact the supervisory authority, please contact the primary contact identified in section 10 below.
- If you require details on your personal information with the Company, please send us a written request. Upon receipt of this request, we will inform you of the existence, use and disclosure of your personal information and will provide access to that information, except where the law requires or permits us to deny access. A reasonable fee may be charged for providing access to personal information. Where a fee may apply, we will inform you of the cost and request further direction from you on whether or not we should proceed with the request.
- We will provide you information within a reasonable time period and provide an explanation if we are unable to meet your request. Please direct any concerns, complaints or questions you may have regarding this policy or our practices to our primary contact by submitting that information as directed on the Engagement Tool, or to firstname.lastname@example.org.